Blog Archive

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday

Fibonacci ratios, common sense about the state of the worlds economy, Elliott Wave, and just the fact that the market needs to take a breath all lead me to believe a peak is close at hand. Here's a fundamental concept that may add some insight to that.

When the economy is expanding autos, construction, appliances, household items, shipping, and construction equipment all tend to do well. When the economy is shrinking these same industries will tend to suffer more than industries that provide necessities like drugs, and food.


Below are charts of companies that represent the first group. I've drawn Andrews pitchforks on each, but prefer to let you to come to your own conclusions. I would like to hear what you think.








To add balance I've included a couple charts of companies I feel might be less susceptible to a shirking economy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Feature